Mackie’s 1402-VLZ PRO combines the compact size of the 1202-VLZ PRO with added features and 60mm log-taper faders. Its six new “audiophile” XDR™ Extended Dynamic Range mic preamps offer the best RFI rejection of any compact mixer design. Added beneﬁts include maximum freedom from ground loops and impeccable sonic performance that meets or exceeds the specs of esoteric, outboard mic preampliﬁers. The XDR design is the only compact mixer mic preamp that is totally impedance independent: frequency response does not change even with extremely long cable runs or exceptionally
high-impedance mic inputs.
A sharp, 18dB/octave 75Hz Low Cut ﬁlter on each mic channel greatly reduces mic thumps, wind noise and stage rumble. Mute/Alt 3-4 effectively creates a second stereo bus. The Mute button on each channel mutes that channel in the Main Mix, while simultaneously placing the signal on the Alt 3-4 stereo bus,
greatly increasing signal routing ﬂexibility. The EFX to Monitor feature allows routing of reverb or other effects signals back into a monitor mix via Aux Send 1. Aux 1 Master’s Pre/Post switch can be set for pre- fader/post-EQ use, which is beneﬁcial for stage monitor mixes, or post-fader/post-EQ for use with external effects. It also has a level control for added ﬂ exibility.
Control Room/Phones has its own level control, stereo output pair and input matrix for selecting any combination of Main Mix, Tape In and Alt 3-4 to create custom headphone mixes, to monitor tape levels, and more. A separate switch routes this multi-source signal back into the Main Mix. Because of its many features and durability, the 1402-VLZ PRO can be used for extra studio-grade preamps, as aux inputs for a mixing console, or as an impedance- or level-matching audio toolkit.
- 6 low noise/high headroom XDR™ (Extended Dynamic Range) XLR mic inputs with the best RF rejection of any compact mixer design and maximum freedom from ground loops
- 6 balanced/unbalanced mono line inputs
- 4 pairs of balanced/unbalanced stereo line inputs
- 60mm log-taper faders 48V global phantom power
- 3-band EQ (12kHz, 2.5kHz, 80Hz)
- 75Hz, 18dB/octave Low Cut ﬁ lter on Channels 1–6
- PFL/AFL Solo (in-place) on all channels (global)
- Very Low Impedance (VLZ) architecture
- EFX to Monitor switch
- Alt 3-4 extra stereo bus
- Balanced inputs and outputs (except RCAs and channel inserts)
- Balanced XLR Main L/R outputs with mic/line level switch plus 1/4″ Main L/R outputs
- 60dB Gain on Channels 1–6
- Global Aux 1 Pre/Post-Fader switch
- Level Setting LED and marker