The 1202-VLZ PRO is the updated, upgraded version of Mackie’s classic 12-channel compact mic/linemixer. The unit incorporates Mackie’s new ultra-high quality XDR™ (Extended Dynamic Range) mic preamps with the best RFI rejection of any compact mixer design. Added beneﬁ ts include maximum freedom from ground loops and impeccable sonic performance that meets or exceeds the specs of esoteric, outboard mic preampliﬁers. The XDR design is the only compact mixer mic preamp that is totally
impedance independent: frequency response does not change even with extremely long cable runs orexceptionally high-impedance mic inputs.
To greatly reduce the effects of wind noise and mic thumps, each of the four mic channels has a sharp,18dB/octave, 75Hz Low Cut ﬁ lter. Mute/Alt 3-4 effectively creates a second stereo bus.The Mute button on each channel mutes that channel inthe Main Mix, but also acts as a router to the 3-4 stereo bus, greatly increasing signal routing ﬂ exibility.
The EFX to Monitor feature allows routing of reverb or other effects signals back into a monitor mix via Aux Send 1. Aux 1’s Pre/Post switch can be set for pre-fader/post-EQ use, which is beneﬁ cial for stage monitor mixes, or post- fader/post-EQ for use with external effects. It also has a level control for added ﬂexibility. Control Room/Phones has its own level control, outputs and input matrix for selecting any combination of Main Mix, Tape In and Alt 3-4 to create custom headphone mixes, to monitor tape levels, and more. A separate switch routes this multi-source signal back into the Main Mix.
Because of its many features and durability, the 1202-VLZ PRO can be used for extra studio-grade pre-amps, as aux inputs for a mixing console, or as an impedance- or level-matching audio toolkit.
- 4 low noise, high headroom XDR™ (Extended
- Dynamic Range) XLR mic inputs with the best
- RF rejection of any compact mixer available and maximum freedom from ground loops
- 4 balanced/unbalanced mono line inputs 4 pairs of balanced/unbalanced stereo line inputs 4 pairs of balanced/unbalanced stereo line inputs
- 48V global phantom power
- 3-Band EQ (12kHz, 2.5kHz, 80Hz)
- 75Hz, 18dB/octave Low Cut ﬁ lters on Channels 1–4
- PFL Solo on all channels
- Very Low Impedance (VLZ) architecture
- EFX to Monitor switch
- Alt 3-4 extra stereo bus
- Balanced inputs and outputs (except RCAs, phones and inserts)
- Balanced XLR Main L/R outputs with mic/line level switch, plus 1/4″ (TRS) Main L/R outputs
- 60dB Gain on Channels 1–4
- Global Aux 1 Pre/Post-Fader switch
- Level Set LED and marker