Following the successful introduction of the LA-AES3 card and LA-PANEL AES3 in 2010, LA8 amplified controller and the L-ACOUSTICS K standard are evolving and will support AES/EBU digital audio as a standard feature. This change on LA8 and LA-RAK series will be effective on May 1st, 2011 LA-AES3 offers one AES/EBU stereo input and one AES/EBU thru port (link) to interconnect LA4 and LA8 to any digital mixing desk or any audio distribution network, while maintaining a fully digital signal path.
- 1 AES/EBU input, compliant with AES3 (AES/EBU) and IEC 60958 Type II (S/PDIF)
- specifications, ESD protected
- Seamless AES/EBU to analog input automatic fallback option, with constant delay
- High-quality hardware Sample Rate Converter accepting program sampled from Fs = 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Adjustable gain: – 12.0 dB to + 12.0 dB by 0.1 dB steps
- 1 AES/EBU thru, electronically buffered with failsafe relay, ESD protected
- Maximum cable length: up to 300 m (with certified cables dedicated to AES/EBU transport at Fs = 48 kHz).
- USB port (reserved for future applications).