Salary Range: Contingent upon experience. Please specify desired hourly rate.
Benefits: Standard company benefits available after 60 days
Employment Type: Year-Round – Full Time
Job Description: Lighting Department Technician.
- Testing, troubleshooting and component level repair and updating moving lights, consoles, dimming systems, etc.
- Check in and out for equipment in department
- Analyze and fix inventory shortages
- Must be available by phone during and after hours.
- In and out state travel may be required.
- Must have technical/electronics training and/or experience; Experience in entertainment and corporate lighting industry is highly preferred.
- Must have a solid work history, including recent consistent work experience.
- Working knowledge of electronics and related systems and the ability to perform light mechanical assembly and disassembly
- Must have the ability to solder and de-solder parts from a printed circuit board.
- Must be able to read and comprehend a printed circuit board schematic.
- Inspect and maintain automated lighting equipment and systems including consoles; fixtures, updates, maintenance and inspection records as directed.
- Work with the Head of Lighting to develop maintenance systems and procedures including proper handling of paperwork and documentation.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by adhering to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, training, and on-call maintenance.
- Participate that equipment, supplies and parts are stocked in sufficient quantity to ensure the on-going needs of the Lighting Department.
- Observe safe wiring practices and maintain equipment in accordance with industry standards for safe operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment both inside the department and throughout the shop.
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
- 1-2 years as a moving light repair tech, operator and console programmer.
- Field experience with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Training in electronics and/or automated lighting.
- Experience in the use of digital test equipment to perform repairs on moving lights. Computer operations related to automated lighting.
- A good understanding of lighting specifications, the principles of AC/DC electricity, motion control, digital communications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience with Vari*Lite, Martin, Clay Paky and High End products.
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills: (PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Previous experience operating Forklifts safely
- Previous experience working in a similar setting
Position is full-time. A drug test and background verification may be required before hiring.